The TEEN STRINGS program, or Level IV, is the most advanced level of the CSP program. Designed to serve the unique needs of accomplished string players, TEEN STRINGS furthers students’ interest in music through educational, social, and performance opportunities. These students participate in the Core Curriculum as well as additional advanced ensembles and classes. TEEN STRINGS is open to any violin, viola, cello, bass, guitar, or piano student, ages 12-18, who is at the appropriate skill level as determined by the Artistic Directors.
- Self-direction and ownership of music making
- Give input on repertoire for study
- Plan and lead activities for the fall musical retreat
- Plan parties held during the year
- A positive, diverse peer group to build community
- Socialize and play music with others from different schools and many parts of the city: Walnut Hills High School, Ursuline Academy, School for Creative & Performing Arts, and others.
- Annual TEEN STRINGS Tour
- TEEN STRINGS travelled to perform at the Ohio Statehouse, Indianapolis Arts Garden, Speed Museum at the University of Louisville, Kentucky State University, and Southern Illinois University in Edwardsville.
- Music education with high musical standards
- TEEN STRINGS has the benefits of CSP’s 19-year tradition of high-quality musical training, with exploration of a variety of musical styles.
- Impact on the Cincinnati community with outreach concerts
- Each year the ensemble performs at local festivals, retirement homes and at the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra.
- Teen parties (pizza, games, music) and concert outings
- Overnight musical “retreat” in October
- Performances for Cincinnati arts events and social service agencies
- Saturday Ensemble and Music Theory Program: TEEN STRINGS touring ensemble with Dr. Vincent Phelan; Chamber Music Literature Class; Theory & Analysis Class
- Positive private instruction available for violin and viola
Work Experience Program
Our students perform for a variety of functions. To inquire about music for your special event, call (513) 231-3523. This program gives our maturing young musicians valuable pre-professional experience under the guidance of CSP’s Artistic Directors.
Contact Dr. Phelan for an audition here!
Listen to TEEN STRINGS
Click here to watch TEEN STRINGS perform at the 2020 City-Wide Play-In!