Due to the postponing of our summer camp to 2021, we are offering various online performance classes. There will be two programs, one for students ages 4-12 and another for students ages 13 and older.
CSP Summer Enrichment Fridays will be held for 6 weeks on Zoom from 9am to 1pm on Fridays from June 12-July 24 (no class Fri. July 3).
The TEEN STRINGS Summer Performance Program ($220) curriculum includes:
1) Public Speaking and Performance Classes exploring the connections between speaking and playing music to make ourselves understandable, moving, and effective communicators.
2) Technique Classes using the Suzuki volumes and other classical repertoire
3) Repertoire Classes with Appalachian Fiddling and Folk-inspired classical works
4) Audition and Competition Preparation Classes:
-Learn how to select a solo piece to showcase your skills
-Improve your sight reading skills
-Receive coaching on orchestral excerpts you are polishing
-Discover new ways to practice scales
-Increase your technical playing abilities in orchestral music.
-Consider the cost/benefit of competitions
-Evaluate your video recordings
The Suzuki Students Ages 4-12 ($195) curriculum includes:
1) Technique Classes using the Suzuki volumes
2) Repertoire Classes with Appalachian Fiddling and Folk-inspired classical works
3) Visual Art Class with Cathy Lyons from Lyons Photography to learn art concepts and techniques while you make art at home!