Cincinnati City-Wide Suzuki Camp
June 6-10, 2022
Presented by Corryville Suzuki Project
Improve Your Technique, Make Friends,
Hosted by the Wyoming Fine Arts Center-Cincinnati Suzuki School
- TEEN STRINGS Summer Performance Program For advanced Suzuki and Traditional Players, ages 12-18, of violin, viola, cello, and bass! Includes the Orchestral Audition Preparation Class! 9:00 am-1:00 pm
- Suzuki Kids Ages 4-12 of all Suzuki Book Levels for violin, viola, and cello! 9:00 am-12:00 pm
- Pre-Twinkle Program For beginning violin, viola, and cello students age 4-7 and an accompanying parent. A great boost for starting the Suzuki Method! 9 am-12:00 pm
Camp Celebration Concert
Friday, June 10 at 7:00 pm, Clifton Plaza
(across from Graeter’s on Ludlow Avenue)
Faculty: Dr. Vincent Phelan, Elizabeth Council-Phelan, Rose Reidmiller Gowda and teachers from the Cincinnati Suzuki School and the Appalachian Community Development Association.
Daily Camp Activities
- Technique Classes using the Suzuki volumes and other classical repertoire
- Repertoire Classes with Appalachian Fiddling
- Orchestral Audition Preparation Class option for TEEN STRINGS students auditioning for school and youth orchestras in the fall
- Visual Art Class with Cathy Lyons from Lyons Photography for ages 4-12
- Celebration Concert outdoors on Friday night to conclude the camp
About Camp: Suzuki students from the Greater Cincinnati area, ages 4-18, of all book levels and beyond are invited to study violin, viola, cello, or bass. The program supports the music education of students that takes place during the school year with their private teacher. Students will work with camp faculty to grow in musicianship, while having fun with Appalachian fiddling and folk-inspired classical works. The concluding Friday night concert with guest musicians provides students an opportunity to celebrate their progress with friends and family.
Location: Wyoming Fine Arts Center
322 Wyoming Ave, Wyoming, OH 45215
Parent Involvement: The Parent-Teacher-Student triangle relationship is why Suzuki Talent Education is so successful. Parents of campers ages 4-6 are required to attend repertoire and technique classes with their children. Parent attendance at all other classes is encouraged but optional during the camp.
Tuition: $225 for TEEN STRINGS Performance Program; $200 for Suzuki Student Program, Ages 4-12
- Fees are non‐refundable and include all activities.
- Please include $15 with registration for a camp t-shrit. Campers are required to wear the t-shirt for a group photo Wed. and the celebration the concert on Friday.
- Mail tuition to: Corryville Suzuki Project, P.O. Box 30316, Cincinnati, OH 45230
Registration: Deadline is May 16th. After this date, students are accepted as space allows.
Contact CSP for any questions or to schedule an audition for the TEENS STRINGS Program firstname.lastname@example.org or 513.231.3523
About CSP: Now celebrating its 25th year, the Corryville Suzuki Project (CSP) is a nurturing, non-competitive string music education program where children receive a high level of musical training, rooted in Dr.Suzuki’s philosophy that every child can learn. The CSP program espouses this core value of the Suzuki philosophy in a very literal way by inviting children of every economic, racial, and social background to communicate, develop high-level skills, and begin friendships through beautiful music.
Check out photos from previous summer camps!