Cincinnati City-Wide Suzuki Camp
June 7-11, 2021
Presented by Corryville Suzuki Project
Improve Your Technique, Make Friends,
- TEEN STRINGS Summer Performance Program by audition for both Advanced Suzuki and Traditional Players, ages 12-18! 9:00 am-1:00 pm
- Suzuki String Students ages 4-12 All Suzuki Book Levels! 9:00 am-12:00 pm
Camp Celebration Concert
Friday, June 11 at 7:00 pm, Clifton Plaza
(across from Graeter’s on Ludlow Avenue)
Faculty: Dr. Vincent Phelan, Elizabeth Council-Phelan, Rose Reidmiller Gowda, Cathy Lyons
Daily Camp Activities
- Technique Classes using the Suzuki volumes and other classical repertoire
- Repertoire Classes with Appalachian Fiddling
- Orchestral Audition Preparation Class option for TEEN STRINGS students auditioning for the Cincinnati Symphony Youth Orchestras in the fall
- Visual Art Class with Cathy Lyons from Lyons Photography
- Celebration Concert outdoors on Friday night to conclude the camp
About Camp: Suzuki students from the Greater Cincinnati area, ages 4-18, of all book levels and beyond are invited to study violin, viola, cello, or bass. The program supports the music education of students that takes place during the school year with their private teacher. Students will work with camp faculty to grow in musicianship, while having fun with Appalachian fiddling and folk-inspired classical works. The concluding Friday night concert with guest musicians provides students an opportunity to celebrate their progress with friends and family.
Location: St. Monica – St. George Parish Center
450 Herman St., Clifton Heights
(Located behind St. Monica-St. George Church, 328 W. McMillan St.)
Parent Involvement: The Parent-Teacher-Student triangle relationship is why Suzuki Talent Education is so successful. Parents of campers ages 4-6 are required to attend repertoire and technique classes with their children. Parent attendance at all other classes is encouraged but optional during the camp.
Tuition: $220 for TEEN STRINGS Performance Program; $195 for Suzuki Student Program, Ages 4-12
- Early Bird Discount: $20 off tuition by postmarking your fee by May 1st.
- Fees are non‐refundable and include all activities.
- Please include $15 with registration if you do not own a shirt from a previous year’s camp. Campers are required to wear a purple CSP t-shirt for the concert.
- Mail tuition to: Corryville Suzuki Project, P.O. Box 30316, Cincinnati, OH 45230
Registration: Deadline is May 18th. After this date, students are accepted as space allows.
Contact CSP for any questions or to schedule an audition for the TEENS STRINGS Program firstname.lastname@example.org or 513.231.3523
About CSP: Now celebrating its 25th year, the Corryville Suzuki Project (CSP) is a nurturing, non-competitive string music education program where children receive a high level of musical training, rooted in Dr.Suzuki’s philosophy that every child can learn. The CSP program espouses this core value of the Suzuki philosophy in a very literal way by inviting children of every economic, racial, and social background to communicate, develop high-level skills, and begin friendships through beautiful music.
Check out photos from previous summer camps!
- 2015 Summer Camp and Celebration Concert SLIDESHOW HERE
- 2014 Summer Camp and Camp Celebration Concert
- 2013 Summer Camp and Celebration Concert SLIDESHOW HERE